Monday 1 December 2014

Years Of Service

Harriet Betsy Cook Teeples was quite an amazing woman and there is no way that I can do her life of service justice in this post, but I will post just a small quote from her life to keep with the subject of women in the priesthood.  I highly recommend, all who are interested, to find her story in Our Pioneer Heritage Volume 19. 

“Our people were glad to have us back and we were very glad and thankful to be with them.  We lived with Mother for a while then one of our good friends offered me a two-room log house for the winter which we very thankfully accepted.  My brothers brought me flour and provisions and one of them lived with us and kept us in wood and etc.  We were very comfortable.  At the first Y.L.M.A. conference held there in October 1884, I was very much surprised to hear my name called as secretary of that association, which office I held for nineteen years.  I was also called to teach a class in Sunday School which I did for fourteen years.  Also took care of sacrament for three years. I was appointed postmaster in October 1887 and held the position for ten years, then was released.”   
Our Pioneer Heritage 19:362

Voices Of Women, Rhea Kunz, pg. 242   

This post is part of a series of posts on Women in the Priesthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment