Thursday 23 January 2014

To Know That He Is


D&C 93:1
Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am; 

What a glorious promise!   

If we:
1. forsake our sins and go unto Christ,
2. call on his name,
3. obey His voice,
4. and keep His commandments,
Then we shall see His face and know that He is. 

Stop trying to find salvation from a worldly church or person claiming that you have to go through him, and go directly to Christ!  This is a very simple list.  So let’s put it to the test. 

John 7:17
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. 

All anyone has to do is follow this list and the Lord will make good on his promise. 

Titus 1:2 
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

But there is a caution.  If we are not doing these things with a pure heart, they won’t work.  No one can deceive God, who looketh upon the heart.  So, let’s just try a little experiment, and actually do this truthfully and see if it works. 

Exodus 33:20 
And he said unto Moses, Thou canst not see my face at this time, lest mine anger be kindled against thee also, and I destroy thee, and thy people; for there shall no man among them see me at this time, and live, for they are exceeding sinful. And no sinful man hath at any time, neither shall there be any sinful man at any time, that shall see my face and live. 

In order for this experiment to work, we must actually repent of our sins, actually forsake them.  Forsake is a big word, but we must actually forsake our sins and turn to Christ.  Then if we call on His name, obey His voice, and keep His commandments, we will see Him and know that He is.  

Let’s see what happens! 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment