Friday 17 January 2014

Do Not Interpretations Belong To God?


“And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.” 

A friend of mine had a dream that was very significant, and made a huge impact on him.  And since he did not know the interpretation, he asked for help. 

I thought him a good friend, who sought for the Kingdom of God, so I went to the Lord and requested the interpretation, and received it by revelation.  I returned to my friend and offered the information that I had received, but he rejected me.  He thought me low because I was beneath him in priesthood authority. 

He turned down the further light and knowledge that he was seeking because the messenger was beneath him!  

Such Vanity, such Pride!  

Unfortunately, my friend did not understand that the Lord gives different gifts to different people.  Not because one person is better than the other, but so that all can work together, living in peace and harmony as Jesus taught.  Instead my friend believes that God is a respecter of persons and will not give gifts to the lowly, while not giving better gifts to the special priesthood holders.  A false doctrine in direct opposition to what Jesus taught, and yet my friend believes it. 

The worst part is, that dream was instructing my friend in how to set his family in order, how to cleanse oneself for communication with God.  It was, I believe, an answer to a long term prayer of his, that God would talk to him.  And yet, because of his pride, because of his vanity, he rejected the information.  And sadly, there was a terrible price to pay.  It wasn’t long before his family began to fall apart. 

To approach the throne of God is not an easy task, and certainly not a task that anyone should take lightly.  It requires a tremendous amount of work and commitment.  Nevertheless, it can be done. We just need to know how and apply ourselves.  The answer of course is found in the teachings of Christ. 

Let’s purify ourselves as Jesus taught, purify our hearts, strip ourselves of pride and envy, and repent of all worldly desire, seeking only the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness.  Then let us approach Him in faith, nothing wavering, and He will answer. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment