Wednesday 28 January 2015

Women In Mormondom

I think this quote from Women In Mormondom is quite interesting, and does seem to go along with my other posts on Women in the Priesthood. 
"The Mormon women, as well as men, hold the priesthood. To all that man attains , in celestial exaltation and glory, women attains. She is his partner is estate and office....John the Revelator thus tells the story of The Church of the Firstborn 'And they sang a new song saying... "and hast redeemed us unto God...and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on earth."' Joseph the Revelator has given a grand supplement to this. He also saw that vast assembly of the new Jerusalem and heard that song. There was the blessed woman-half of that redeemed throng. The sisters sang unto the honor of the lamb. 'And thou hast made us unto our God queens and priestesses: and we shall reign on the earth!'

'But this is lowering the theme,' says the Gentile Christian, ' the theme descends from man--the paragon of excellence--to woman.["] Enough that she should be implied--her identity and glory absorbed in Man's august splendor! Enough that for man, woman was created. Not so the grand economy of Mormonism. In the Mormon temple, woman is not merely implied, but well defined and named. There the theme of the song of the new Jerusalem is faithfully rendered in her personality. If man is anointed priest unto God, woman is anointed priestess; if symboled in his heavenly estate as king, she is also symboled as queen....

And Motherhood was (before Fatherhood) first with God in this regeneration. Has egotistic man sufficiently cogitated over this fact? And does he fully comprehend the equally significant fact that woman was the first witness of the resurrection? And who began the regeneration of the race? Whose human nature was manifested in the work? The woman's! [Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created he them]...Paul, in the egotism of man's apostleship, commanded, 'Let the woman be silent in the church.' Yet the church is the type of woman. If she be silent, then will there be but little of saving gospel in the world. If woman's spiritual nature prevail not in the church, then is the church dead. If her faith expires, then is there left but a wretched form of Godliness. The prophet Joseph corrected Paul, and made woman a voice in the Church and endowed her with an Apostolic Ministry...Woman must regenerate the race by endowing it with more of her own nature. She must bring forth a better type of man, to work out with her a better civilization. It is blasphemy against the divine truth of the worlds coming redemption, and of woman's mission in it, to scoff at the Mormon women for holding such faith.  Woman shall leaven the earth with her own nature.  She shall leaven it in her great office of maternity, and in her apostolic mission." "Mrs. Prescindia Kimball [wife of two prophets, Joseph Smith an Heber C. Kimball] said 'The day is approaching when women shall be redeemed from the curse placed upon Eve, and I have often thought that our daughters in polygamy will be the first redeemed.'"  
(Women of Mormondom p. 487-542.  P.S. I copied this from a second hand source, so I hope that it is accurate.  I will try to find an original source and correct any inaccuracies.) 
In my post Mother's Day, I related a very sacred event of meeting and learning from my Heavenly Mother, even though I did not write in that post all the things that She taught me.  I could share amazing things!  I could share who Heavenly Mother really is!  I can share how Heavenly Father views his bride!  I would love to shout to all the earth the relationship that They have with each other!  I would love to express understandably the relationship that spouses here should have with each other.  I would love to teach the everlasting truth about the true nature of Heavenly Mother; about the true nature of Godhood!!  But alas, how would it be accepted, when so many cannot even accept the small amount that I do share?  Already, I have met with criticism and the loss of family and friends over sharing the love and relationship that our Heavenly Parents have for each other. 

Oh, how my soul yearns and echo's the feelings of Alma:  
O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!  
 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth. 
Go to your Heavenly Parents.  Go to them in person.  Get to know them in person.  Stand before them in person.  I am not talking figuratively!  I am saying that they are very real, tangible beings.  Talk to them in person.  Hug them!  They are intensely loving and kind! 

.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Brother Joseph! If you have permission please send me an email and share more about Mother and what you were taught. Your sister in Christ-Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    Thank-you so much for your kind comment. I will definitely try to get to writing a few things out, but it may take a while.
    Your brother in Christ,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reminded of a hymn "O My Father", particularly verses 3 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time reading your blog and I wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences. Just like Sally wrote above, I would love to hear more about Mother and what was taught. If you have anything written down at this point that you wouldn't mind sharing, please send it my way. May God bless you for sharing your testimony. - Linnea

    ReplyDelete