Thursday 24 April 2014

I CAN - Part 4

I feel remiss if I didn’t state that even though this change of heart happened quickly, the actual changes to my behaviour and communications, and thoughts and emotions did take a great deal of time.  It was no easy task, changing the habits that I had acquired over a lifetime. 

Not only did I learn in the lessons taught to me of repentance, that I needed to stop doing wrong, and reconcile those wrongs with those whom I had wronged, but it was also part of repentance to do only good from then on. 

We must do both! 
Stop doing bad things, and ONLY do good things,
Stop communicating bad things, and ONLY communicate good things,
Stop thinking bad things, and ONLY think good things,
Stop feeling bad things, and ONLY feel good things.
We must do both! 

And by the time we are ONLY feeling good things in our hearts, we won’t have to worry about what we think, communicate, or do, because those things all come from what we feel in our hearts, so they will be in alignment. 

Repentance is such a huge topic, and yet it is so simple.  Just turn toward God and start moving toward Him.  All the other lessons will come.  But if we are moving in the right direction, we are acceptable to Him.  It’s all about moving toward God, it’s all about improvement. 

Improvement - Constant And Never-ending 

I CAN 

True repentance brings us into the presence of our Saviour. 

Wow, five posts in a row on repentance!  It may be time to change topics. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment