Sunday 3 January 2016

Perfecting Ourselves

There is something bothering me tonight.  I have friends that are seeking an audience with their Saviour, and from time to time there seems to be frustration that their goal has not yet been realized.  And I worry that they will give up on their goal, or perhaps give up on their faith.  The reason I am worried is because it seems to be the only thing that matters to my friend, at the expense of other gospel principles. 

I have noticed several people who have seen the Saviour, talked to Him face to face, were not necessarily directly seeking an audience with Him at that time, yet they saw Him.  They saw Him when they were focusing on repentance, when they were focusing on self correction, on fixing themselves, fixing their hearts, and on serving others. 

"As I have loved you, love one another." 

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

Please do not give up!  Keep working on your goals.  Keep working on all the aspects the Saviour taught.  

2 comments:

  1. I hope I'm not the friend you are worried about. I'm not giving up at all and have shifted my focus and love the relationship I have with Christ and know I will see him face to face, in his way and his time. I am more focused on the moment by moment hearing his voice and ministering to his little ones.

    Very open and heart felt post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no Sally! I have no worries about you :)

      There are a few people that have asked me for a bit of help where I can, so I offer them a bit of counsel from time to time. Sometimes, I post a small summary of my advice on this blog, based of course on the things I have learned from the Lord. There are even, from time to time, people who come to church with us, who are investigating, and ask questions.

      Delete