Saturday 2 January 2016

My Doctrine


Behold, this is my doctrine—whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church.
Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore he is not of my church.
And now, behold, whosoever is of my church, and endureth of my church to the end, him will I establish upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.  
~ D&C 10:67-69 

I love this scripture!

The Lord has His own church, and all those who repent and come to the Messiah, are His church.  Even though this is a huge order, no other qualifications are necessary.   And anyone who says so, is not of God.  Oh, how comforting!  We no longer have to wonder at all the strange things that various churches ask us to do.  All we need to do is what Yesua did; what He does!  Then we are of His church. Yet we must endure, and remain in His church.  We must maintain that repentance and stay with the Lord. 

And the promise, that if we are of His church, and endure of His church to the end, He will establish us upon His rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against us! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that scripture as well and it's found again in 3 Nephi too. I love that when the Resurrected Lord came to visit the Nephites & Lamanites he taught them and blessed them and taught them some more and gave them the Sacrament. He give the Wise Man/Foolish Man 3 separated times.

    ReplyDelete