Friday 10 July 2015

We Must Accept The Truth


The wicked take the truth to be hard and won't accept it.  They argue with it, get angry with it, fight against it. 

The truth is that Jesus commanded us to be perfect.  Nephi said that the Lord gives no command unless He has also prepared a way to accomplish the thing which He commands.  So then, there is a way to be perfect.  So why argue about it.  Why not put into practice the entire gospel that Jesus taught; to repent, lay down our old life, and rise to a new life in Him; to get better; to keep progressing. 

I have had my challenges.  I grew up in a redneck home, subjected to abuse, and was taught all kinds of nasty things.  I fought very hard to get those things out of me.  And you know what?  There are still lots of left over challenges and ongoing consequences from those years.  I am not perfect; but I will not ever preach that there is no need to be!  I will never say something so anti-Christ like: "Nobody is perfect, and nobody can be, and God doesn't expect us to be." 

I say this is anti-Christ because it is exactly opposite to what Christ taught. 

I am not perfect, but I keep striving to get a little better every day.  And so many times I have failed.  But Jesus is there for me, and for you.  Don't settle for mediocrity in your morals just because you are not perfect.  Keep striving.  Keep progressing.  So what if it would take several lifetimes!  Keep progressing anyway.  It is not how perfect you have become that gains us entry into Christ's kingdom, but it is which direction we are consistently going.  Stand for Christ and preach what Christ taught, even if you are not perfect at it yourselves! 

Do not get upset or angry just because we are expected to keep all the commandments? 

I am not perfect, but I am not going to lie and say that we are not supposed to do what Christ taught.  But we must be constantly striving for it. 

I have made a lot of big mistakes in my life, and Heavenly Father knows this, yet because of the importuning of His son, Jesus Christ, He has forgiven me and let me come into His presence.  Does this mean that I have accomplished everything that I could of, had I not done those wicked things that I did?  No!  Yes, I have been forgiven, and by His grace have I progressed (I still have a long, long way to go!), but I will never have what I could have had, had I not done those things in the first place.  But there is hope.  There is always hope.  A person can repent, truly repent, and seek for the grace of Christ.  His grace is sufficient for all those who repent and humble themselves before him.  His grace is offered to all the penitent.  He loves all of His children, and wants them all to come home. 

.

1 comment: