Sunday 2 February 2014

Whose On The Lord's Side, Who?

Matthew 6:24 
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

How horrible it is when I hear people teaching false, and vain, and foolish doctrines.

Everyone has a right to believe what ever they want, but do I have to stay and listen to it?  And what do you do when they are teaching false doctrines in front of children? Children!

I spoke my peace that we should live the gospel. And when it was trampled underfoot, I left.

I have to side with the Gospel of Christ. We have to love each other. We cannot compromise with the world. We cannot lower our standard to get along in the world. The Lord said to take up our cross.

Matthew 16:25–29.

25 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. 

26 And now for a man to take up his cross, is to deny himself all ungodliness, and every worldly lust, and keep my commandments. 

27 Break not my commandments for to save your lives; for whosoever will save his life in this world, shall lose it in the world to come. 

28 And whosoever will lose his life in this world, for my sake, shall find it in the world to come. 

29 Therefore, forsake the world, and save your souls; for what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

It doesn't get much clearer than that!

There is no compromise with the Lord. There is no middle ground, no half way, no leeway, no happy medium.

There is only His way, or the world's way.

Whose side are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment