Tuesday 18 February 2014

My Vision On The Hill

I asked Toni if she would write out a short version of her seeing our Heavenly Father, which I posted about in the post entitled "Just A Little Reminder."  These are her words:  

Shortly after Joseph and I had gotten engaged, we went out for an evening walk around the outskirts of the University that I was currently attending.  Alongside the road was a grassy knoll, so Joseph and I climbed up to the top and sat down together, hand-in-hand.  We talked for a few minutes, but the conversation dwindled and we just sat there together enjoying each other's company.  I stared up into the sky, taking note of the innumerous stars that could be seen.  As I watched, the scene began to change before my eyes, soon I saw a stereotypical scene of heaven with many white robed figures walking on white clouds.  My attention was drawn to two figures in particular; one was an older man with white hair and a white beard whom I immediately recognized as my Heavenly Father, the other was my Joseph, standing on the Father's right hand side.  I could see myself standing a fair distance in front of them and slightly off to their right.  I saw the Father stretch out his right arm and hand towards me so that it crossed in front of Joseph, and the Father said, "Take care of her, and bring her home."  After that, the scene faded, and I turned to Joseph.  Believing this to be just a wonderful imagination, I said to Joseph, "I just saw the most beautiful scene..."  But before I could tell him anymore, he stopped me and said, "I know what you just saw, because I saw it too."  He proceeded to describe our vision to me in detail, exactly as I had just seen it, even elaborating on details that I had not really noticed, but as I thought back, could see clearly.  I realized that this was not just some vain imagination, but that I had actually seen the Father giving Joseph instructions.  This vision left me without a doubt that Joseph was the man I was to marry. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment