Saturday 26 October 2019

Advice And Counsel

It is my heart, to share the things of God, especially those things with which I am personally familiar.  I share some of my experiences on this blog, so perhaps those who are seeking the Lord, may find encouragement and strength.  Perhaps, kindred spirits may be re-united.  It is my joy, to walk with others on their journeys, to help where I can, or to just be there for a friend.  

Often though, people ask me questions, and I give my answers, which are not always received in kindness.  And sometimes, those who have asked for my advice, or counsel, get upset at my answer.  Remember please, these are my experiences to share.  They are the things I have done and experienced.  If you ask me my advice, why get upset at the answer?  It is my answer.  No one is forcing you to do, or even to try my advice.  No one is telling you that you have to follow my counsel.  If you ask for my coaching, it is still up to you, if you would like to follow my insights or not.  

The simple solution is this: If you do not like the counsel from a particular person, and you still want to ask that person for their advice, take responsibility for yourself.  You have your agency, use your agency.  Do not blame someone else for you making your own choice.  

.   

1 comment:

  1. A big AMEN to this counsel. We see it happen often, and I have been guilty of doing the same. Often we ask advise from some one, expecting the advise to say what we want it to say to support our belief. If the advice causes us to THINK, we can get uncomfortable. Thank you for sharing! Irene

    ReplyDelete