Thursday 11 January 2018

Arise! Take Up Thy Bed And Walk.

'Arise, Take up thy bed and walk!' 

This phrase has often captured my imagination.  I have had a facination with it, as well as a dread of it.  How many times have I been asked to administer to someone, and had the thought to just take them by the hand, and in the name of Jesus Christ, raise them up?  Well, it happened again. 

We had traveled to a new place to teach people, whom a friend had seen in vision.  While there, word arrived that a woman in a wheelchair had asked for healing.  We went to see her, and spoke to her of her faith in Jesus.  She had such beautiful faith!  We asked her, that if Jesus was here, would she believe that He could heal her.  Tears came to her eyes, and she answered in the affirmative.  The thought to take her by the hand, and, in His holy name, raise her up, had already been coming.  But, due to concern about whether it would work, or if she had enough faith, or what would everyone think if it did not work, or really, just a complete lack of faith on my part...  Ugh!  Will this nonsense, of a lack of faith, ever go away???? 

We put our hands upon her head, and blessed her.  Our friend reached out, took the woman by the hand and lifted her up.  SHE STOOD!  Right there, in front of everyone, she stood!  It was beautiful to see.  And very humbling.  The woman expressed how she felt the power shoot down through to her feet as she received the blessing.  She gave thanks to the Lord!  And so did I.  What an amazing blessing! 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that beautiful witness with us! I don't know about every one else but that lack of faith you experienced is always lurking about for me. And I ask the same, why, will I ever get rid of it?! But the Lord is so kind and loving and He knows us so well. He knows we can over come everything, it is up to us to seek the way. Of course we all know that He is the "way", but sometimes the answer seems so elusive. But I know He won't give up on me, so in turn I will not give up the seeking and striving to be like Him! He is always so close. Irene

    ReplyDelete