Friday 6 May 2016

Us vs Them

At times, when we go through great challenges, often the Lord seems so far away.  At these times there may be a tendency to pray as if the Lord were distant; come help us, save us, we are trying so hard, etc.  This type of language stems from a deeper belief that the Lord is really distant, that He is doing His own thing, and that we are not really on the same team.  This type of belief and language hurts our Heavenly Father's feelings.  You are His work, you are His goal, your progression is the desires of His heart. 

3 comments:

  1. Great reminder! I love the last line especially-your progression is the desires of His heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to say that my prayers are like this in a lot of ways. Can you suggest a change in the words? How should we approach Him? Sometimes I am struggling and my prayers are pleading prayers. I would like to change that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michelle,
      I just spent a week at a training conference, and am on the road home now. I did see your comment and will reply as soon as I can. I did not want to leave you hanging!
      Have a great day,
      Joseph

      Delete