Monday 28 March 2016

The First Principle Of The Gospel

These are incomprehensible ideas to some, but they are simple.  It is the first principle of the gospel to know for a certainty the character of God, and to know that we may converse with Him as one man converses with another, and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God Himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did; and I will show it from the bible. 
~ TPJS pgs. 345-346 

Verily, thus sayith the Lord:  It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am. 
~ D&C 93:1 

The problem is:  As soon as anyone hears of a person having a prophetic experience, actually seeing and interacting with God in person, that person is put down as an impostor, and denounced, as if such a thing could not happen today!  There are many excuses, most common among them seem to be that God would only talk to those in certain lines and positions of authority, yet, I say to you that God has always talked to those who would listen, regardless of authority.  God has so often proved over and over again, that He can do His own work.  All those who limit what God can do, will be damned.  Indeed, they damn themselves.  The Prophet Joseph said:  "I say to all those who are disposed to set up stakes for the Almighty, you will come short of the Glory of God." 
~ TPJS pg. 321 

God has not revealed anything to Joseph, but what He will make known onto the Twelve, and even the least Saint may know all things as fast as he is able to bear them! 
~ TPJS pg.  149

My friends, it is your privilege to progress, to purify yourselves, to approach God in person, to see with your own eyes, to hear with your own ears, to touch with your own hands, to actually know for yourselves the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent.  To know your Heavenly Parents, and the destiny available to you!  Seek the face of God always!  Never give up!! 

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! God really is- NO Respector of Persons. I am never giving up and I will always seek his face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing the things I learn from reading the words of the Prophet!

      I am with you, I love the fact that God is no respecter of persons, and I am never giving up, always seeking His face. :)

      Delete
  2. This rings so true. I was wondering today if I would have even accepted Joseph's teachings had I been alive when he shared them. I tend to suppose I would have, but the more I read and learn, the more I wonder how open minded I would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I also often wonder the same thing! Would I have accepted Joseph's teachings, had I been alive at that time? An excellent question.

      Delete