Monday 21 September 2015

We Must Receive In Order To Give

We give when we have, we give when we don't have.  We often give until we are utterly impoverished.  But sometimes we have problems receiving.  We must learn to receive.  How can we ask a gift of the Lord, and then not receive a gift freely given, just because it comes through an unexpected source?  Or at a time when it does not seem needed? 

Not too long ago, a friend gave me $200.  I did not feel as though I needed the money, and hesitated taking it.  But, remembering a lesson taught me by another friend, I did take the gift.  I had been ill and praying for relief, but no relief was forthcoming.  And a friend of mine asked me if I could receive?  I of course said yes, but he offered me a bit of money.  And I replied, but I don't need the money.  I needed the healing, and that is when the light went on.  If I could not receive a small gift, any gift, how could I receive the gift I was asking for? 

Anyway, back to the $200.  A friend offered me a gift of $200 and this time I accepted it.  I thought of a couple other friends who could use it, and thought to pass it on to one, or both, of them.  But the Lord had other plans.  I felt to give the $200 to a well to do family, that certainly did not need the money.  But they were praying for a gift from God.  So I did what the Spirit prompted me to do.  This well-to-do family took the gift to the Lord and made it a matter of prayer.  And they in turn were instructed to give the $200 to an elderly lady who could not make her lot payments. 

To make a long story short, I received the healing I was requesting, and the well-to-do family received a great blessing they were praying for, and the elderly lady received the payment for her home.  We must receive in order to give. 

Of course, this post began with a certain thought in mind, and ended up a completely new direction, with a deeper meaning. 

I had hoped to show the connection that we need to receive to give, and that the more we can receive, the more we can give. 

.

1 comment:

  1. God is soooo Good! I am learning this lesson as well. I think of my dreams and wanting to understand them. My answer is to share them with others. Then I am given more depth to the dreams. But I have to share what I have been given. So glad to have you as a friend! I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete