Saturday 22 August 2015

Free Yourself

Following the scriptures with a pure heart will get a person filled with the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost will inspire a person to apply the scriptures in their unique circumstance. Following the Holy Ghost will get a person into the presence of the Saviour. The Saviour will give further instructions, which when applied will lead a person into the presence of the Father.  The Father will provide instructions, which when applied, He will introduce the person to the Fathers.  The Fathers will continue to teach, etc, etc, etc. 

If you have not been introduced to the Fathers, then you have not been following the counsel of the Father.  If you have not been introduced to the Father, you have slighted the lessons taught you from the Saviours own lips.  If you have not been introduced in person to the Saviour, you are not following the instructions of the Holy Ghost. If you are not filled with the Holy Ghost you are definitely not following the scriptures.

Do not wrest the scriptures. Do not make excuses, or justify what the scriptures mean or why you are able to not follow them, or you damn yourself.

.

3 comments:

  1. The wicked take the truth to be hard and it cutteth them to the core. When I read this I thought OUCH! I will be pondering this. I have been pondering the scriptures, I have been filled with the Holy Ghost and thought I have been following the instructions of the Holy Ghost. But I have not as yet have the 2nd Comforter. I have had the Savior come to me in dreams. I have also had him next to me on a few instances. But not the same thing as what you are describing. But I know there is still hope for me yet.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, you are well on your way. It does take time to come to Christ, to get to the level of devotion required. But you are well on your way. As you continue to follow the lessons you are learning, the veil will open and you will find your Saviour.

      Delete
  2. I get so frustrated sometimes. I find new friends who claim to want to learn the Gospel, to see the Saviour face to face, to learn and experience for themselves who God really is, and to learn from His own lips. They learn for a very short time, and even begin getting results, then they start talking to talented scriptorians, or energetic zealots, and before long they are persuaded to follow a different path. A more exciting path, with compromised morals, which of course can all be backed up by twisted scriptures.

    They then have to find an excuse as to why they are no longer progressing, no longer moving toward actually meeting the Saviour face to face. Usually that excuse seems to rely heavily on their claims that lineage or some other priestcraft, which has often given them worldly blessings of some sort, will be their salvation. My response is a little harsh, but their eternal salvation is at stake! And it hurts me to see them throw it away for the sake of worldly blessings.

    Oh God, touch their hearts!

    ReplyDelete