Wednesday 9 July 2014

Daughter Rescued

Not too long ago, I took several of my children to the river to swim and enjoy the summer weather, and with my three year old there I spent a lot of time collecting colourful rocks for her. As my children played, I found myself praying for my little family.

And while I was looking one direction my ten year old daughter slipped on a rock and went under. The current was fast and could carry a person far downstream very quickly. As my daughter went under and took in her first mouthful of water, a hand reached down and pulled her back to the surface. She held onto a log and looked around to see who had pulled her up, but no mortal hand was near.

The mere thought of losing one of my children caused terror to well up inside me.  I felt horrible for not watching closer, prayed the Lord to forgive my negligence, and recommitted myself to greater vigilance.  Life is so precious, so fragile, and I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's watchful eye.  Yet, this thought is vain. Heavenly Father cares more for our children than we do, for they are His children as well and He has a plan for each of them, from which He will not deviate.  And the thought of losing one of His children is so terrifying to Him, that He will do all things to rescue a lost soul. 

Children are so amazingly pure and full of faith; they can see and recognize Heavenly experiences for what they are. No wonder Jesus advised us to become like little children. 

Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment