Monday 24 March 2014

Fore-Ordination

I don’t know how any Mormon could not believe in fore-ordination, but it happens! 

Fore-ordination is not reserved for prophetic callings only, but also occurs in more simple, common things like marriage and children.  See my post entitled “But You Don’t Hold Our Priesthood”. 

Speaking of the doctrine of Plural Marriage, the Lord said:

“Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion.
 Will I accept of an offering, saith the Lord, that is not made in my name?
 Or will I receive at your hands that which I have not appointed?
 And will I appoint unto you, saith the Lord, except it be by law, even as I and my Father ordained unto you, before the world was?” 

The Lord makes it quite clear that He is not going to accept anything except what He and His Father ordained unto us before the world was.  Fore-ordination is not only a correct doctrine, but the warning is inferred that if we marry someone whom the Lord has not appointed unto us, that marriage will not continue in or after the Resurrection.

It is incumbent upon us to seek the will of the Father in all things, including marriage! 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment